Coming from a person who has a super sweet tooth, even I could only handle this fudge in small doses. You’ve been warned! But saying that, just a little piece is so, so satisfying. For the Brits reading this, it’s not really fudge in the sense of Cornish clotted cream type fudge. It’s well, it’s hard to describe but certainly in the realm of melt in your mouth dreamy!
I must have had fudge on my brain for a while. Possibly a post-Christmas thing, but I’ve been wanting to make something fudge-like forever. This is also really easy to make and requires no baking at all! You will yield a fair amount, so I’m quite happy I have several fellow sinners at work who I’m sure will be more than happy to share the calories with me.
Makes roughly 40 pieces (depending on how big you cut them)
300g white chocolate
150g dark chocolate
90g salted butter (split into 60g/30g)
1 can of condensed milk
1 packet of Oreos, crushed
1. Line a small baking tray with parchment and set aside.
2. Pop Oreos into a bag and crush with a rolling pin (or your hands). Don’t go too fine, you want some good chunky pieces in there.
3. In a bowl add the white chocolate, 60g butter and 2/3rds of the condensed milk. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir thoroughly to combine everything. Microwave again if needs be but try and let everything melt through the warmth of the bowl. Add the crushed Oreos save for one large handful. Mix and then spread out on the baking tray.
4. In another bowl add the dark chocolate, 30g butter and the rest of the condensed milk and microwave in the same manner. Spread over the white chocolate mixture.
5. Top with remaining crushed Oreos and gently pat down to push them into the fudge slightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.
6. Slice and serve and enjoy the moment.